6 Women Who Chose To Be An Air Warrior
1. Flying Officer AnupamaChowdhary, Helicopter Pilot, Years in the Indian Air Force: 5: “I don’t feel any difference between a man and a woman in my profession. I am doing what I am supposed to do as any other pilot”
2. Flight Lieutenant Shalini, Fighter Controller, and Number of years in the Indian Air Force: 9: “We are trained to make split second decisions as we monitor the air space. We also maintain separation between our own aircraft so that they are safe and collision free”.
3. Flight Lieutenant Karishma Sethi, Education Officer, Number of years in the Indian Air Force: 5:” I met a very fine lady officer who motivated me to join the air force. I must confess the film Lakshya also played a role”.
4. Squadron Leader Sonia Raheja, Administration, and Number of years in the Indian Air Force: 14: “These past years have given me a very varied experience. You cannot get this kind of exposure in a civilian job in terms of the people you command and the kind of duties you do”.
5. Squadron Leader K M Priya, Aeronautical Engineer, Years in the Indian Air Force: 13: “People think there is more money abroad, but here again attitude comes into play, Six years ago, officers may have felt so, but now money is good and the service gives you enough facilities and professional opportunities. My friends envy me because I am in the forces.”
6. Squadron Leader Manju Bhaskar, Station Adjutant, and Number of years in the Indian Air Force: 15: “I feel people outside do not understand what we do in the service of the country. It is only when a Kargil happens that we get their attention. It should not be so.”