Amazing facts about IPS officer Sanjukta Parashar
Sanjukta Parashar, Assam's very first female Indian Police Service (IPS) officer is in news for fighting against the Bodo militants of Assam.Sanjukta regularly leads CRPF jawans in dangerous reserve forests of the terror-infested region, and has been very successful in full-blown bullet-for-bullet crackdowns. She is best known for leading her battalion head-on armed with a loaded AK-47.
We have come up with some facts that you shouldn't miss about the first female IPS officer of Assam:
- Sanjukta, after completing her schooling in her home, acquired a Bachelor's degree in political science from IP College, Delhi University
- Sanjukta did her Master's in International Relations from JNU, New Delhi. She then moved to Indonesia and earned an M.Phil.Followed by a Ph.D. in US foreign policy
- Sanjukta secured the 85th Position (All India Ranking) in the UPSC, where she opted to join the IPS
- Parashar's first posting was in 2008 as an Assistant Commandant of Makum where she was sent within hours to Udalgurito control ethnic clashes between Bodo and illegal Bangladeshi migrants
- Sanjukta Parashar, along with her dedicated team, had even arrested militants responsible for the lethal attacks on Army convoys, a few months back
- Parashar got married to Puru Gupta, who is currently the Deputy Commissioner of Chirang district of Assam. Sanjukta is married to an IAS officer posted in Assam and the couple often spends months separately
- Sanjukta has nabbed 16 militants, arrested over 64 and impounded tons of arms and ammunition in only a few months, Sanjukta has become one of the most feared police officers among Bodo-militants.
- She has received various threats from National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) but that doesn’t deter her.
- Apart from doing her duty of a tough cop, she also spends days in relief camps to meet people who are far from their homes and often distributes candies to two-wheeler riders who wear helmets.