Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam inspiration for all
Be Prepared: Life doesn't always follow the path we've set for it. Sometimes, it makes its own course and makes us follow it instead. The fanatic emphasis on 'Plan B' that professionals talk about is not a coward's fall back system.
Leadership: Dr. Kalam was an extraordinary leader and a 'margdarshak' as is defined by his definition of leadership; "Let me define a leader. He must have a vision and passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with integrity."
Leaders Acknowledge Contribution: Being in the Indian Armed Forces is all about leadership. Shouldering the blame for failure and conferring credit where it is due comes rarely to most. In an era where playing the blame-game and taking undue credit to forge ahead in life has become the norm, Dr. Kalam inspired many minds every day, with the exception, that an exemplary leader is one who gives credit and recedes into the shadow as the protege takes centre-stage.
Work Hard: Even during his last day, Dr. Kalam never stepped back an inch to deliver that speech. "The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work." This saying shows how Dr. Kalam used to define the day by working hard.
Go With The Flow: Dr. Kalam knew the effect he had on the masses, especially the youth. With a leader's vision he knew how eager the audience was to talk to him, hear him, and be inspired by him. He let them touch his hand wherever he went and in return, touched their lives.
Have A Vision: This is that single most potent factor that drives our civilization. Having a vision, nurturing it, waiting for its fruition, reaping its rewards – all give meaning to life. The human spirit collapses not when it is deprived of food but when it is denied a dream.
Be Courageous: As Dr. Kalam's saying goes, courage is the first thing and one of the OLQs to overcome fear of failure; "My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people."
Connect With People: In the mad race for success, we often distance people and embrace numbers. If this is inadvertent and not deliberate, the realization of the same comes as a shock to even oneself. Gregarious that we are by nature, it is in our best interest that we make an effort to know our neighbour/surroundings and keep in touch with our family. This also helps in self-introspection of oneself.
Be Humble: This should top the list because all else fails in the absence of this. All success in life comes to naught if it is laced with vanity. Modesty has, and will remain, an alluring trait because where egoism falters, humility conquers. And being in the forces is being more humane than being a soldier.
Keep Fit: Successful people realize the importance of a healthy body and a healthy mind. They know that the two are inextricably inter-linked and imperative for their smooth functioning. They follow a strict regime of healthy habits which include right eating, adherence to meal times, a holistic exercise plan that suits one's age and a mind full of positivity. It is established that the first three invariably impact the fourth.
10 most inspirational quotes by Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- I'm not a handsome guy, but I can give my hand to someone who needs help. Beauty is in the heart, not in the face.
- Let me define a leader. He must have vision and passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with integrity.
- Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you, but to help you realize your hidden potential and power, let difficulties know that you too are difficult.
- Love your job but don't love your company, because you may not know when your company stops loving you.
- Failure will never overtake me if my definition to succeed is strong enough.
- Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.
- Dream, Dream, Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action. Dreams are not those which come while we are sleeping, but dreams are those when you don't sleep before fulfilling them.
- Don't take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.
- All birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagles avoid rain by flying above the clouds. Problems are common, but attitude make the difference.