Eligibility Criteria for RAC Recruitment
RAC, the Recruitment and Assessment Centre of DRDO was set up on 23 July 1985 after getting exemption from the purview of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It is situated at Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi. RAC has undertaken various recruitment programmes to induct scientists each year in variety of scientific and engineering disciplines relevant to DRDO Laboratories and assessed the suitability of DRDO scientists for promotion to next higher grade through duly constituted Assessment Boards/ Peer Committee.
Every year RAC recruits Scientists in DRDS mostly at entry level (Scientist 'B'). However, depending on the requirements in specialized areas of research & development, limited number of scientists are also recruited in higher grades (Scientist 'C' to Scientist 'H').
One of additional responsibilities of RAC includes the induction of Project Engineers on contract basis and Scientists / Engineers on regular basis for various Grades for ADA (Aeronautical Development Agency). ADA, Department of Defence R&D is the nodal agency for the design & development of LCA. RAC also assess the suitability of ADA scientists / engineers for promotion to next higher grade through duly constituted Assessment Boards.
Induction of Scientists in Science/Engineering category
- At least first class Master's Degree in Science Subjects, Mathematics or Psychology or First Class Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology or Metallurgy from a recognised University or equivalent.
- Experience of at least 3 years for Scientist 'C', 7 years for Scientist 'D', 10 years for Scientist 'E', 13 years for Scientist 'F' and 15 years for Scientist 'G'/Scientist 'H' in research/ design/ development or production in the required area.
- Knowledge of Chinese, French, German, Japanese or Russian
- Doctorate degree in Science, Mathematics or Psychology or Master's degree in Engineering or Technology or Metallurgy in the subject concerned (applicable for Scientist 'C' & above).
Induction of Scientists in Medical/ Veterinary Science category
- A medical qualification included in the First Schedule or the Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956). Holders of medical qualifications included in the Part II of the said Third Schedule should also fulfill the conditions specified in Sub - section (3) of Section 13 of the said Act.
- A dental qualification included in the Part I, Part II or Part III of the Schedule to the Dentist Act, 1948 (16 of 1948).
A Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc&AH) duly recognised by Veterinary Council of India.
- Completion of compulsory rotating Internship.
- Post-graduate degree and (applicable for Scientist 'C' & above) experience of at least 3 years for Scientist 'C', 7 years for Scientist 'D', 10 years for Scientist 'E', 13 years for Scientist 'F' and 15 years for Scientist 'G'/Scientist 'H' in practical & administrative field and also in the required field of medical relief, medical research, medical education or public health organisation.
- For Scientist `B': not exceeding 28 years
- For Scientist `C': not exceeding 35 years
- For Scientist `D' and Scientist 'E': not exceeding 45 years
- For Scientist 'F' and 'G': not exceeding 50 years.
- For Scientist 'H': not exceeding 54 years.
The upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years in case of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates and 3 years for Other Backward Communities (OBC) against the post reserved for them. Relaxation of age for candidates in regular service of Central /Union Territory is as per rules in vogue. The upper age limit in addition to above is also relaxable by 5 yrs. for persons with disability in identical disciplines whether the posts are reserved for them or not. The offer of appointment is subject to verification of requisite certificates and medical fitness required for Group 'A' (Class I Gazetted) technical posts of Government of India with field service liability.