How to join Sashastra Seema Bal ???
Sashastra Seema Bal or SSB, in English the Armed Border Force is one of India's Central Armed Police Forces. It is currently under the administrative control of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India. It was formerly known as the Special Service Bureau.
The Present rank structure is as follows:
Gazetted Officers (GOs)
- Special Director
- Additional Director-General
- Deputy Inspector-General
- Deputy Commandant
- Assistant Commandant
Non-Gazetted Officers (NGOs)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector
- Head Constable
SSB Executive Service Officers
- Area Organiser (Joins uniform rank of DIG on promotion)
- Joint Area Organiser
- Sub-Area Organiser
- Circle Organiser
Non-Gazetted Officers (NGOs)
- Field Officer (Medical, Communication and General)
- Deputy Field Officer (Medical, Veterinary, Communication and General)
- Assistant Field Officer (Medical, Veterinary, Communication and General)
- Senior Field Assistant (Medical, Veterinary, Communication and General)
- Field Assistant (Medical, Veterinary, Communication and General)
- Assistant Commandants: Assistant Commandants (Pay scale Rs.15,600–39,100 plus grade pay Rs.5,400) are recruited through a Competitive Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It is Group "A" Gazetted Central Service. Assistant Commandants are subsequently promoted to the rank of Deputy Commandant (Pay scale Rs.15,600–39,100 plus grade pay Rs.6,600), Second-in-Command (Pay scale Rs.15,600–39,100 plus grade pay Rs.7,600), Commandant (Pay scale Rs.37,400–67,000 plus grade pay Rs.8,700), Deputy Inspector-General (Pay scale Rs.37,400–67,000 plus grade pay Rs.8,900), Inspector-General (Pay scale Rs.37,400–67,000 plus grade pay Rs.10,000) and Additional Director-General (Pay scale Rs.67,000–79,000 plus HAG) and Director-General (Pay scale Rs.80,000 fixed) over the years.
- Sub-Inspectors: Sub-Inspectors (Pay scale Rs.9, 300–34,800 plus grade pay Rs.4, 200) are recruited by Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
- Constables: Constables (Pay scale Rs.5,200–20,200 plus grade pay Rs.2,000) are recruited by Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
Join Sashastra Seema Bal
The written exam is the first part of the SSB exams. Before the written exam, personal documents are verified by the authorities. These documents include Birth certificate, Academic degree certificates, proof of identity such as Aadhaar card, or voters ID, and Domicile Certificate as proof of nationality.
The written exam is in the format of multiple choice questions. Answers are to be filled in an OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet. You can use a blue ball-point pen or a black ball-point pen to darken the circles on the sheets. Keep in mind to take along with you a writing pad so that you can fill the OMR sheets properly.
Medical/ Physical test
The second part of the SSB exams is the Medical or the Physical test. Again before this test, your identification document such as Aadhaar Card or Pan Card will be checked. So take your proper and valid identification proof while going for this test.
The physical exam for SSB is a rigorous test. Particularly remarkable is the Race test of the SSB physical test. All male candidates have to compulsorily complete a 5 km race within 24 minutes. However, for women, this rule is relaxed and so all female candidates have to complete a race of 1.6 km within 8.30 minutes.
It is immensely important to prepare for this test at least few weeks in advance, as this test checks your endurance and stamina. If during the race, you feel nauseous, or giddy, you must immediately seek medical help and not endanger your health and body.
Following are the eligibility criteria for going through the recruitment procedure:
Educational Qualifications: You have to hold at least a 10th grade or a matriculation certificate to be eligible for being a candidate for SSB.
Age Limit: The candidates should be of an age between 18-23 years as on the date of appointment. There are some exceptions to this rule. Age relaxations will be granted accordingly.
Both civil and uniformed cadres of SSB are equally trained in various warfare and other specialised courses such as Guerrilla warfare, Counter-Insurgency, Intelligence, Demolition, Jungle and Snow survival etc. The various training centres within the Force and in the training centres of other organisations/agencies. SSB Academy is located at Srinagar in Jammu & Kashmir and Gharwal in Uttarakhand. It has its extension at Gwaldam as well. Training centres of SSB includes:
- CTC Salonibari (Assam)
- CIJW School Gwaldam (Uttarakhand)
- CTC, Sapri (Himachal Pradesh)
- Telecom TC Kasumpti, Shimla
- RTC Kumarsai, Shimla
- RTC Sarahan, Shimla
- RTC Gorakhpur (UP)
- RTC Bhopal (MP)
- RTC Alwar (Raj)
- MTC Shimla (HP)
- ITS Ghitorni (Del)
- IT & T TC, Faridabad (Haryana)
- DTC Palampur (HP)