Tips to Clear AFCAT Exam
The AFCAT will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning general awareness and military aptitude.
- EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT.
- AFCAT written exam consists of General Knowledge, Math, English and Reasoning. Maximum marks will be 300. Total 100 questions will be asked and time allowed for the exam is 2 hours. Every question carry 3 marks and there is 1/3 negative marking. For every wrong answer given by the aspirant, 1 mark will be deducted as penalty. No marks will be deducted if the question is left unanswered.
- Those candidates, who apply for technical branch, will have to attend EKT exam which is conducted just after AFCAT.
- It is mandatory for candidates applying for technical branch. It consists of 50 questions with one mark for every correct answer.
AFCAT 2015 paper has of four sections:
- General Awareness
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude Test
Tips to clear AFCAT
- Always start will the easiest section, if you think you can do better in mathematics section, always start with mathematics, this will not only increase the efficiency but will also fetch you more marks in other sections because after solving your favourite section, you will feel more confident and perform better.
- Avoid attempting questions which you are not sure about, AFCAT has negative marking scheme so you will lose 3 marks if you attempt three question wrong. 3 marks here are equal to one correct question. So in short three wrong answers will make you lose one correct answer.
- Utilize the rough paper provided by IAF to solve your maths or spatial ability part. Even if you are sure about the answer, double check your answer by solving it on a rough paper.
- Spatial ability is also one of the easy sections in AFCAT exam, 80-90% candidates can get more marks in spatial ability and military aptitude sections of afcat exam. Only thing you need is to know what kind of questions you will face in spatial ability and mental ability sections of afcat exam. In ssbcrackexams.com we have prepared a best online coaching solution which will help you to know real questions you will face in afcat exam. To know more about it visits AFCAT online coaching.
- Last year many candidates did wrong marking on their OMR sheet due to which their OMR sheet was marked as invalid and wasn’t considered for AFCAT exams. So make sure you are thinking twice before filling any data or marking anything on OMR sheet. Nevertheless you will find the officials over there and you can clarify anything which is confusing.
- Start your afcat exam preparation which different sources like AFCAT exam books, AFCAT classroom coaching or you could also join AFCAT exam online coaching. At least 1 month prior preparation is required to crack the afcat exam. But candidates who are confident about their potential can prepare for afcat exam in just a week and clear it with very good marks.
- Be on time, reach your afcat centre well before the time mentioned on your afcat exam admit card, there are many candidates who have missed their afcat exam just because they were late to the examination centre. Indian air force is very strict regarding this issue so make sure you know your afcat exam location well before the exam and reach there on time.
- As per the trend and afcat exam cut off, it is good to attempt at least 50 questions correctly without any negative marking. 50 correct questions will fetch you 150 marks which is more than enough to crack afcat exam.
- Candidates who are applying for technical exams have to face EKT exam along with the afcat exam. If you fail in EKT exam though you have cleared the afcat exam, you won’t be eligible for technical branch in AFSB interview. Candidates who are only eligible for technical branch have to clear EKT exam along with afcat exam else they won’t be able to clear for AFSB interview.